Topics Map > Help Desk
Topics Map > Software > Google
Topics Map > How Do I... > Google
Google Sites: Inserting Files, Images, and Links
How to insert files, images, and links into the new Google Sites web application.
We will be showing you how to do the following in the 'New Google Sites' so you are ready when Google transitions permanently to the new version.
- Go to Google Sites at sites.google.com
- Click on New Google Sites
- Choose the site you want to edit or you may click on the red plus at the bottom left of the screen to make a new site and you are ready to go!
Adding Images to your Google Site can improve the visual appeal of your site and draw the interest of the viewer.
- First, begin editing the page you want the image on, can be chosen on the Pages tab at the top right.
- To upload and image from Google Drive, click on the Insert menu and select Images at the top right of the screen.
- Then select the image from the tabs above by URL, Search Google, Your albums from Google Photos, and Your Google Drive.
- To upload an image from your computer, click on Insert menu and select Upload at the top right of the screen.
- Select the image from file explorer and click Open.
Once an image has been inserted, a menu will pop up any time you select that image. This menu will allow you to change the alignment, size, and text wrapping of the image, as well as adding a link to the image.
- Click on the page you want to edit under Pages at the top right of the screen.
- Then select Text box to add text to your site.
- Or, find the text that you want to hold the link and highlight that text. (Highlight text by holding down a left click and then dragging)
- Next, click the Link button in the editing bar.
- Choose if you'd like to link to an external site or link to one of your pages in your site.
Add an external URL or Email to the navigation
- To add an outside URL to the navigation menu, select New Link under Pages at the top right.
- When you have clicked Done the page is seen as a link in the Pages instead of a page.
Attach files to a page
You can attach files into your site by Google Drive FAQ - Upload and Store and then clicking on Google Drive in the menu to the right.Any files such as PDF, Images, Docs, Sheets, and more can be 'attached' to the site.