Topics Map > Software > Outlook
Topics Map > How Do I... > Email
Add Microsoft Exchange Email to Android 8.0
1. Open your phone's settings by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping the gear icon.
This document will demonstrate how to add your Exchange email account to an android phone that uses Gmail for email.
2. Search "Users & accounts" or scroll until you find it in the list.
3. Tap "Add account"
4. Tap "Exchange"
5. Enter your email address and tap "Next"
6. Enter your S&T SSO Password and tap "Next"
7. If you are asked for the account type, tap "Exchange"
8. Ensure that the Server setting is mail.umsystem.edu and tap "Next"
9. You will now be asked to allow Remote Security Administration on your phone. This will ensure that your phone is running to the security specifications set by the UM System.
Tap "OK" to accept.
Tap "Cancel" to deny. If you deny, you will be unable to add your Exchange account to your phone.
10. Your phone will now ask you to confirm that you want to enable Remote Administration. It will list all the features that will be able to be remotely controlled.
11. You can now add a Screen Name for your account on your phone, if you wish.Tap "Activate this device admin app" to accept.Tap "Cancel" to deny. If you deny, you will be unable to add your Exchange account to your phone.If you do not have a Fingerprint/PIN/Password configured to allow and deny access to your phone, your phone will now require that you set one up.
Once you have customized the local account name, tap "Next".
You will then be returned to the Settings app.
12. You can now open the Gmail app and your Exchange account will be listed in the menu.