Steps for new users on Wired RESN
How to setup a MST wifi account
1. Open an internet browser and attempt to navigate to an external website. The screenshot below should pop up and require you to sign in using your SSO. If you do not have a browser on your device, then you will need to contact the Help Desk to have it registered and enrolled. The Help Desk can be reached at 573-341-4357 (HELP).
2. Have the user sign in with their Joe SS when this screen appears. The box next to “I accept the Acceptable Use Policy” must be checked to continue. If they are running Linux, this will be the only step they have to follow before being allowed to connect to the network.
3. A prompt to download the policy key will appear. Click Download Now.
4. Once the download is complete, a “ServiceInstaller.exe” file will appear. Click ‘Run’ to install.
5. The run may take a few seconds, then the Welcome screen will appear. Press Install.
6. The final screen shows a successful download of the key.
7. Click Finish. In order for SafeConnect to detect whether the policy key is installed, it could vary from seconds to minutes.
8. If you are using Apple, please skip to number 10.
9. The purpose of the policy key that you just installed will detect if any Anti-Virus is installed on the Windows machine. If not, the easiest solution for you to do is to turn on Windows Defender. (The methods to get to Windows Defender, is different for each OS. If you are having any issues with this, please consult the Help Desk 573-341-4357 (HELP)
10. If for some reason Defender is not up to date, you will still be allowed to activate it. There is a grace period of 30 days once it’s detected that Windows Defender needs to be up to date before placing you into quarantine.
11. Once completed, you should have access to external internet resources. Try going to Twitter, CNN, or other external sites.
12. If you have any issues, the Help Desk will be happy to assist. 573-341-4357.