Topics Map > How Do I...
Topics Map > Help Desk
Activating Your S&T Student Account
How to setup your student account password and Joe'SS account.
After applying for admission, information was sent to the email address used when applying for admission with the subject line "Missouri University of Science and Technology Username." This email includes the username for the S&T student account: the student’s initials followed by three random characters (e.g. Sarah M. Johnson’s username may look like smj6zf).
To set up an S&T Joe'SS account:
- Open a web browser and navigate to Joe'SS (joess.mst.edu).
- Click the ‘Create Your Password’ link on the left side of the page.
- Enter the student username in the field provided, and click ‘Submit.’
- On the following page, select a method, either your personal phone number or email, to receive the pass code for the user setup (If no email or password is listed, please contact the S&T IT Help Desk at 573-341-4357). Click ‘Submit.’
- Once the pass code has been received, enter the six-digit code and click ‘Submit.’
- Fill out the required fields for the New User Setup: phone, external email, and knowledge based questions. An email from email@example.com will be sent to the email listed confirming the account registration.
- Once user setup is complete, continue to New User Password Setup. Generate a second temporary pass code to access the password setup page, and enter the code where prompted.
- Create a password for the account, ensuring that the password meets the criteria listed on the page (Password must be at least 8 characters or longer, and contain at least three of the four categories: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols [e.g. !, @, #, $, %, *]).
- After the password has been set, an informational FAQ page on the University of Missouri System’s Two-Factor Authentication process will open.
- Return to joess.mst.edu. Log in with the student account username and the newly-created password.
- Once successfully signed in, click the ‘UM E-Consent’ link in the menu on the left side of the page. Review the agreement. Once the terms have been accepted, academic and financial information will become available electronically through Joe’SS.
Information available through Joe'SS includes:
- Application and admission status tracking
- Scholarship applications
- Transfer credit reports
- Campus housing priority
- (Freshmen Only) Signup for a Preview, Registration, and Orientation (PRO) session