Topics Map > How Do I...
Topics Map > General Information
Registering your network device
How to register a system on our network
REGISTERING YOUR NETWORK DEVICE
To gain access to the Missouri S&T secure networks you must first register your device by entering its MAC address, also known as an ethernet address, in our device registration tool.
WHY IS IT NECESSARY TO REGISTER YOUR DEVICE?
- Missouri S&T’s computing policy requires all network connected devices be registered with IT.
- Without registration, the device poses a network security vulnerability.
HOW TO REGISTER A DEVICE
- Go to NetDB
- Login with your Username and password
- Click Register Desktop and Laptop Systems
- Type your Username in the "Owner User ID" field
- Click Edit Hosts
- Select a Hostname
- Type in your system's ethernet MAC address.
- Click Register
- Verify the device you registered appears in the "Devices Owned by" list.
NOTE: All personal systems registered on the campus network should use 'device.mst.edu' as part of the host name.