Topics Map > Help Desk
Topics Map > Software > Google
Topics Map > How Do I... > Google
Google Drive - Navigation
Explanation of the file toolbar menu
Navigating around google drive
This is located on the left-hand side of the screen.
- New - creates new documents (see below)
- My drive - your personal files
- Team drive - files shared by your department or team
- Shared with me - files shared with only you (or a group including you)
- Recent - files you've recently opened
- Starred - files you've marked as important
- Trash - things you've deleted.
- Storage - the amount of space you've used.
When you click on New you get this menu. If you click more there are other options that have been added. You can click the + by Connect more apps and find a long list of other apps that work within Google Drive.
At the top towards the middle, you have Search Drive. It allows you to search your drive files.
My Drive allows you to see the file structure (much like on the side)
Quick Access allows you to see recent files and click on them without having to go to the location.
On the Right Side at the top is this menu.
This button allows you to search for help on a google drive matter.
This button allows you to change some options
This button allows you to see other Google apps like calendar, sites, etc
This button allows you to see your notifications.
This button allows you to change the view between grid view and list view.
This button allows you to get more information on the right side of your screen about a file or folder.