Advance File Explorer of Windows 10
A few advance features of the file explorer in Windows 10
PHOTO EDITING TOOLS
File Explorer also features basic photo editing tools, which are hidden by default. To activate the features, open a folder with a photo file in it and notice the words Picture Tools above the Manage tab. The photo editing tools allow you to rotate a photo to its left or to its right, set a slide show of the photos in a specific folder or album, make it your desktop’s background photo or play selected photos in a different device.
The standard search feature of the File Explorer has also been modified to ensure efficient searching capabilities. When you click on the familiar search bar with the magnifying glass, the Search Tools / Search tab is activated.
The Search tab’s ribbon interface allows you to search files via location; refine the search by modification date, kind, size and other properties of the file. You also have the option to check recent searches and modify search capabilities under Advanced OptionsIf your search query returns results but not sure where the actual file you’re looking for is specifically located, do the following:Right-click on the file > Choose Open file location.Select the file from the search query screen > click Open file location icon found in the Search tab’s ribbon interface.You can also go back to some of the old searches you have performed via the Save Search icon which is automatically activated as soon as a query is entered in the search bar.
The File Explorer may have been changed but it is still rich with keyboard shortcuts. Below are some you will find useful:
- Alt + P – hides and shows the Preview pane
- Alt + Shift + P – hides and shows the Details pane
- Alt + Left Arrow – allows you to go back one folder in your folder navigation history
- Alt + Up Arrow – allows you to go back one folder up in the folder tree.
- CTRL + N - opens another File Explorer window
- CTRL + Shift + N – creates a subfolder in the active folder
- CTRL + Moving the mouse wheel up and down - allows you to increase and decrease the size of thumbnails and icons