Topics Map > Software
Topics Map > How Do I...
Topics Map > Help Desk
How to Download SolidWorks
How to Download Solidworks
- Check the Solidworks website to make sure your computer meets the minimum hardware and software requirements to install and run the software:
- Enter a Help Desk Ticket to add your username to the software download netgroup, it-solidworks-download-users. (You will not be able to access the Solidworks download until you have been added to this Netgroup.)
It is highly recommended that you download this software while on campus.
If off campus, Set up a VPN connection.
Map the following network drive to your computer (instructions for mapping a Document 52927 is unavailable at this time.): \\minerfiles.mst.edu\dfs\Software\EndUserSoftware\SolidWorks
The folder should contain zipped subfolders for the 32-bit version and the 64-bit version. Once downloaded and unzipped, you should see the following files:
- Setup file (double click to start the installation process)
- ReadMe file with terms and conditions for use and activation key
The following terms and conditions apply to this student/instructor/classroom version of SolidWorks:
- This SolidWorks license is authorized for student/classroom instructor use only, and is intended for use on personally-owned computers.
- If you are a faculty member or instructor who wishes to use this software on your university-owned computer, please call the IT Help Desk for assistance, as this download is intended for personally-owned computers only.
- Faculty research is not covered under this license.
- This software is available for free download and use on 500 machines, and will not be available after 500 licenses have been activated. These 500 licenses are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
This download may take several hours (especially if off-campus). If you need additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk at (573) 341-4357 (HELP).