Topics Map > Networking > Troubleshooting
Topics Map > How Do I... > Internet
Getting Your MAC Address: PlayStation 2
1. Power on the PS2 and load the “Network Adapter Startup Disk.”
How to find the MAC address on a PlayStation 2
2. Press X to enter ISP Setup, press X again to continue after the setup has loaded.
3. Press X to continue twice after the PS2 searches for and finds the network adapter.
4. Select “New” from the menu, and press X.
5. In the dialog box for ISP Setting, type “ResNet” and push X.
6. At the next screen, select “Yes,” and press X.
7. Select “Automatic Settings” at the next screen, then press X.
8. Select “No” at the screen asking for a required username and password, then press X.
9. Select “No” again when it asks if you have a required DHCP hostname, and press X.
The PS2 will begin testing the network connection. When the test fails, a dialog box will appear. Press “Select” when this occurs. The PS2 adapter address will be listed in the blue box that appears under “Hardware MAC Address:”